1. The fastest way to get rid of that chocolate egg is to run. If you ran constantly for around an hour you would need to be running at 7mph to burn 1,000 calories. If your level of fitness can’t maintain this, drop the speed to 5mph and run for 80 minutes.
2. A more exciting alternative is kick-boxing where you can burn around 900 calories per hour depending on your effort! A great way to burn 1,000 calories is to book in a session with a personal trainer and opt for a high intensity boxercise style workout that will condition your whole body.
3. If one-on-one training isn’t your style, then opt for a class. A high-impact aerobics class will burn around 600 calories, follow this by a low-impact aerobics class which typically burns 400 calories and the job is done!
4. If you enjoy being in the water then swimming is also fantastic for burning calories, depending how hard you push yourself! A casual swim will only burn 400 calories an hour meaning you would need to be in the pool for over 2hours (and could turn in to a prune). Just over an hour of breaststroke, or an hour of butterfly will burn around 1,000 calories.
5. You can also work out at home! Housework and chores are a great way to burn calories and just because you aren’t in the gym, it doesn’t mean you are not working out. Tasks like cleaning and vacuuming can burn up to 450 calories an hour, so you will soon be on your way to your 1,000 calorie target.